Congratulations to Shay Burke. This past weekend she broke the school record for the girls’ indoor mile run with a time of 5:30.
- Kiwanis is accepting applications for the Sophomore of the Year scholarship essay contest. Winners will have the opportunity to win up to $12,000 in scholarships. Forms can be picked up in the counseling office and are due back to Ms Heath by Friday February 16th.
- Students. The RUFF DRAFT NEWSPAPER is looking for interested writers and photographers for next year’s staff. If you like to write or are interested in newspaper writing or journalism, this is a great opportunity for you! If you are interested, please visit Coach Morton in room 24A and B or visit with your English teacher and let them know you are interested.
- Was one of your New Years’ Resolutions to be more giving? The Homeless Outreach Club will be having a meeting today and tomorrow during tutorial in the Drama room. Everyone is welcome.
- TSA meets today @3:45
- FCA meets tonight in the small gym @ 8:00.
- Students potentially applying to the Francis Tuttle Biosciences and Medicine Academy listen up: There will be a Q & A session in Mrs. Graham’s room this Thursday January 18th during tutorial. Please come with your questions.
- There will be an NHS meeting this Thursday the 18th in the main cafeteria to discuss point cards and service opportunities. Please make sure you attend.
- Come compete at the first annual Mario Cart tournament, hosted by the Santa Fe TSA club on Thursday, January 18th. The entry fee is $5 and is payable at the tournament. Registration begins at 4 pm. This is a single elimination tournament. First place will win a R15 gift card and the runner-up will receive their entry fee back. You may bring your own controller. “Heeeere we gooooo!”
- Sophomores & Juniors:
If you’re interested in attending a program at Francis Tuttle for the 2018-2019 school year, please stop by the main counseling office today to get an application. Priority deadline for applications is January 19.
- The nominee’s for Mr. & Miss Santa Fe will practice on Monday January 22nd at 5:00 p.m. in the auditorium. Please let Ms. Fine know if you cannot attend. Ms. Fine is room 202 in the new wing down C Hall. If you have not turned in your biographies, please turn them in as soon as possible.