Wolf Notes (March 9, 2021)
Santa Fe Students and Parents:
Please read the following information related to a number of upcoming events and activities at Edmond Santa Fe High School. Much of this information is either new or updated as a result of recent changes in our school district following the Board of Education’s decision last week to return to 4-day in-person learning starting March 22nd.
● Congratulations to our Boy’s Basketball team for qualifying for the state tournament this week in the Tulsa metro area! Our first game takes place at Skiatook High School on Thursday, March 11th at 8:00 pm vs. Del City. Fans may purchase tickets at the door for the games on Thursday and Friday in Skiatook. On Saturday, fans may purchase tickets in Tulsa at the Mabee Center (ORU) either in-person at the door or electronically through the Mabee Center (ORU) website. Masks will be required for all attendees.
● Students, faculty, and staff will be required to wear masks during the school day when we transition to 4-day in-person learning starting March 22nd.
● For the remainder of this school year, Juniors and Seniors will both be able to leave campus during lunch. We do ask that students do not travel more than two in a vehicle if they choose to leave for lunch. This change to allow Juniors to leave campus is only in place for the rest of this school year as a way to reduce the number of students eating in our main cafeteria.
● Prom is scheduled to take place on Saturday, April 24th, 2021 outdoors at the Santa Fe Stadium from 8:00-11:00 pm. This will be a traditional prom with a dance floor (under an open-air canopy tent), professional photos available for immediate free download to phones, and food and drink items. Attendees will be required to wear masks and follow specific safety protocols, but there will be opportunities for food/drink and photos (in designated areas) where masks can be removed for a brief period of time. Juniors and Seniors and their parents will receive an email about Prom with specific information about the event during the week that we return from spring break.
● Graduation is scheduled to take place on Friday, May 21st, 2021 outdoors at the Santa Fe Stadium at 7:00 pm. Reserved tickets will not be required, but we will recommend that only immediate families attend so that there is still room for families to keep a safe distance between groups of attendees. All in attendance (including graduates) will be required to wear masks. Seniors and their parents will receive an email about Graduation with specific information about the event during the week that we return from spring break.
● Enrollment for 2021-2022 continues at Santa Fe and should end this week (after being delayed two weeks due to winter weather). If there are any desired changes to enrollment, please notify your counselor before the school year ends. There is enough current flexibility to make adjustments at this time; however, once summer begins and we activate the new master schedule, that flexibility goes away. We cannot guarantee a schedule change during the summer or at the beginning of next school year, but we will do our best to work with you. Please communicate with counselors now if you need to make an adjustment.
● Summer School opportunities will be made available for high school students who have failed a course during the 2020-21 school year. Session 1 will be June 7 – July 1; and Session 2 will be July 6 – July 29. Summer School credit recovery courses will be free of charge for EPS students. For further information, call summer school principal, Brandon Kysar @ 726-6802.
● Virtual Edmond students will remain on virtual learning using APEX following spring break. With the way classes are scheduled (where you complete 2-3 during a time block instead of all 6-7 at once), there is not a way to allow students to either add or drop virtual learning.
● If there is an extenuating reason (medical/family) for a student to not return to 4-day in-person learning starting March 22nd, please contact the student’s grade principal and counselor prior to spring break to work out other arrangements.
● Please use this link Career Newsletter for March to read the latest information from our Career Counselor Megan Cline.
● Junior Students will have an opportunity to sign up for an “ACT Review Day” that will focus on the Math, English, and Reading parts of the ACT. The first “ACT Review Day” will be on March 31st from 10:00am-1:30pm (lunch provided) for students who will take the ACT the week of April 5-9. The second “ACT Review Day” will be on April 7th from 10:00am-1:30pm (lunch provided) for students who will take the ACT the week of April 12-16. Juniors and Junior Parents will receive more information about this pre-testing opportunity in a separate email. This will be an excellent preview for students and will take place on Wednesdays so that no class time is missed.
● Numerous spring school activities are taking place during March, April, and May. Students please remember that you must have passing grades in order to remain eligible to participate in school activities. To see what is happening at Santa Fe each day, please go to our school website https://santafe.edmondschools.net/ and look at the updated calendar for upcoming events.